Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can I take up a profession in wildlife research?

There are likely any number of ways to go about it, but I'd think an academic degree or at least studies in biology first would be a good idea. My stepdaughter studied biology at a small college in Florida. She applied for a summer internship with a wildlife center and there she worked with Jane Goodall, the woman who researched wild gorillas and lived with them. However, my stepdaughter was intent on following a course to become a veterinarian, which she now is, but I know she's not forgotten her wildlife experience in college.How can I take up a profession in wildlife research?
I go to Purdue University and my major is wildlife biology and I am minoring in pre-veterinary medicine. You can contact some colleges that offer a wildlife program and see if someone there can help you. If you DON'T want to go to college, then I'm not sure what you can do. You could just become a self-proclaimed biologist by doing your own field research and interning at wildlife centers. Hope that helped. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment