Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The best Hunting/ Wildlife filming camcorder?

I am looking at getting a new camcorder. I want it for personal use as well as filming my hunting expeditions. I am working with a budget and no knowledge of what to look for.





I want to be able to edit some of the footage so do i have to go with a mini dvd or do the others allow this too?





I have looked at the canon Vixia HF100 or the Elura 100.





Any suggestions or information would be very helpful.The best Hunting/ Wildlife filming camcorder?
If you are going to be out and about with your camcorder forget mini dvd it will cause you nothing but problems. to get good quality video you will have about 20 min's for each disk, also they do not like being bumped and knocked about. HDD cameras don't like it either.





so now you are down to Mini-dv or SD cards. SD cameras require less power so the battery will last longer. The cards are not that expensive, so its esy just to swap them when it becomes full, quality is ok, not the best but ok.





Mini-dv (tape) I think is still the best format. very easy to edit on your pc, down side is that for 10 Min's of video it takes 10 Min's to capture to your pc. I do not know of a editing package that will not edit the captured video from a mini-dv camera.





They are robust, handle knocks, and bumps, when the tape if full just change it, tapes are cheap, and you can reuse them or keep the footage on them.








My choice is for Mini-dv But that's only my opinion





Have a look here there is some interesting help








Good luck





RR

No comments:

Post a Comment