Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where would be a good summer wildlife internship?

I want to do a 3 month internship next summer at a wildlife conservation center in the US. I will be 19 next summer, in college. Allot of wildlife websites say that they want people who are majoring in wildlife related fields. Right now Im going to major in nursing, but I want to do an internship to see if I should change my mind about what I want to do with my life. Should I still try doing it?Where would be a good summer wildlife internship?
I teach at a college where many of our students are wildlife majors. They often get internships through the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, but these are very competitive internships and if you don't have an educational background in wildlife, you're at a disadvantage. My recommendation would be to find a graduate student who is doing some wildlife research and needs help. Explain that you are a hard worker and willing to do the grunt work necessary and you stand a good chance at getting hired (especially if you're willing to work for free).





The way to find these graduate students is to go to the wildlife or biology departments at your college and ask around. Sometimes they will even put up flyers in the buildings advertising they need help.Where would be a good summer wildlife internship?
Check out his site for internships and volunteer opportunities with wildlife:


http://wfsc.tamu.edu/jobboard/index.htm
Yes! ive met people just like you and they love it give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment